The 2016 Wrangler National Finals Rodeo is right around the corner, and as we’ve all watched several fashion blogs, instagram accounts, and new businesses kick off this year, it will be fascinating to see the social media hype come to life in just a few days. Since felt hats have been an imposing trend this year, it’s not a bad idea to stop by the Mandalay Bay Convention Center during NFR, and pick up one (or a few) of these American Hat Co. Fashion Felts this year! I put together some outfit inspo, below!
#RIDEInStyle #AmericanHatWorld #FashionFeltHat
American Hat Co. “Palomino Road”
I’m in love with the arrowhead shape and the gold color of this 10x felt hat- it’s definitely one of a kind! To match the hat, I went with a velvet off shoulder top in mustard. While the flare overalls and the platforms add a hippie vibe, I reinforce the western influence with the Navajo accessories.
1. American Hat Company “Palomino Road” Fashion Felt, $358.95, americanhatworld.com
2. Volcom “Bandjo Flare Leg Overalls”, $79.50, shop.nordstrom.com
3. Vintage Thunderbird Navajo Concho Belt
4. Cubanas “Colorblock Platforms” in “peach”, $198, anthropologie.com
5. Missguided “Velvet Bardot Top”, $34, us.asos.com
6. Vintage Navajo Stud Earrings
American Hat Co. “Pistol Annie”
I’m a sucker for feminine colors, so the pink ribbon on this bone 10x felt does the trick for me! A trophy buckle, hat, and boots are staples in rodeo wear, but the pastels and florals of this look is what makes it stand out unique and personalized.
1. American Hat Company “Pistol Annie” Fashion Felt, $358.95, americanhatworld.com
2. Vintage Bone Choker, Etsy.com
3. Old Gringo “Nevada” boots in “aqua”, $399, allensboots.com
4. Vintage Navajo Dragonfly Brooch
5. Vintage Trophy Buckle and Buckstitch Belt, Etsy.com
6. “Montgomery” Floral Maxi Dress, $85, princesspolly.com
American Hat Co. “Madam Gunmetal”
This steel 10x felt howls adventure, which is why I chose a fearless vest and fringe booties to go with it! The neutral colors seen in the hat, dress, and boots balance out the bold print of the vest. Accessorizing this look with a simple concho belt, thin cuff, and concho hair ties will keep the focus point on the vest, or you could go the opposite way by layering lots of turquoise and leather necklaces.
1. American Hat Company “Madam Gunmetal” Fashion Felt, $358.95, americanhatworld.com
2. “Uptown” Lace Mini Dress, $128, freepeople.com
3. Vintage Cowboys and Indians Print Vest; eBay.com
4. Vintage Zuni Cuff, Etsy.com
5. Vintage Pawn Silver Concho Belt, eBay.com
6. Liberty Black “Nubuck Grease Miel” Booties, $300, rivertrailmercantile.com
7. Thunderbird Hair Ties, $3 each, crookedskullleather.storenvy.com.